Friday, October 2, 2015

Grandma and the Girls -Paint Party Friday


This drawing will be on the dedication page of the Children's book, Christmas With Grandma, which I'm doing for my Friend Lorie.  To work with Lorie is one of the delights of my heart.  It certainly distracts me from the terrible sorrow of losing my Beloved.  

The photo above is my reference for the drawing.  I am so blessed by my dear Friend and am SO honored she would ask me to illustrate this book.  She tells me this is one of her dreams come true--and to tell you the truth, it is also a dream come true for me.  I've always wanted to illustrate children's books.  What a blessing! 

Happy Paint Party Friday, all you wonderful artists and beautiful people. God bless you, dear ones.  Have a lovely weekend and thank you for dropping by.

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I am sure your illustrations will be wonderful, have fun with the work. Happy PPF, Hugs, Valerie

Lisabella Russo said...

Oh how wonderful to do something you have always wanted to do! The illustration is looking very good!

Tammie Lee said...

i am sorry for your sorrow.
yet so happy that you have this lovely commission full of dreams come true.
I wonder if your beloved had a hand in this. your art is charming Beth!

DVArtist said...

Beth the is excellent. I love how you have created the nuance with this picture.
Nicole/Beadwright

Giggles said...

Beth I am so happy you are following your bliss and finding joy among your sorrow!! Good for you!! This is quite the blessing!! Wonderful illustration too!

Hugs Giggles

Deann said...

Wonderful artwork Beth what a treasure.

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful!